Travel by rail is definitely trending for 2019. One of our Virtuoso Travel Partners, Ker & Downey has named train travel in Europe as one of the top trends for 2019. According to the World Rail Market Study, conducted by Roland Berger and commissioned by UNIFE (organization that represents the European rail industry) the rail supply market has grown by 1.2% between the years of 2013-2017. The study also predicts a steady growth for rail products over the next six years.
There are many advantages to traveling by rail in Europe. Check out a few below:
- You are able to enjoy the flexibility of moving around the train, comfortable seating,
- You are able to explore multiple destinations on just about any budget,
- You are able to save time traveling, when you factor in the time you spend at the airport (checking-in, security, boarding).
- Train schedules tend to be more frequent, allowing more flexibility.
- Train stations are centrally located within cities, meaning only a quick taxi, Uber or walk to your hotel.
- Traveling by train can mean not needing a vehicle and the potential hassles of driving in a foreign location. No need for International Driver License.
- Traveling via train discourages over-packing.
- The scenery is sometimes breathtaking. You are able to see parts of the country that you would have not seen had you flown.
- Your travel advisor has access to the experts to plan your itinerary.
Let’s get your adventure by train itinerary started today.