Sustainability, Conservation and responsible travel is an important pillar of what makes up Wheels Up Adventures. We are proud to be a part of Virtuoso and their continued commitment to these issues. We are also proud to be partners with the companies below that are members of The TreadRight Foundation. Together we can make travel matter.
The TreadRight Foundation, is a not-for-profit organization created as a joint initiative between The Travel Corporation’s (TTC) family of brands. Travel is an incredible gift. It has the ability to open our eyes to the unique cultures and spellbinding beauty of the natural world. But with this gift comes a responsibility – to protect the world as we know it. The TreadRight, mission is clear; to have a positive impact on the people and communities we visit, to protect wildlife and marine life, and to care for the planet we call home.
TreadRight has supported some 55-plus sustainable tourism projects worldwide to date. Support is provided through donations and grants to leading partners across the sustainable travel spectrum. These projects all fall under the three pillars of TreadRight: People, Wildlife, Planet.
Our Virtuoso Travel Partners that are partnered brands with The TreadRight Foundation
Take the pledge to make travel matter here
You can Make Travel Matter and become a more considerate traveler by following the suggestions laid out by The TreadRight Foundation:
- Do Your Research
- Choose a company that has a commitment to responsible travel and minimizes the environmental and carbon footprint of their offices and operationsthat has a commitment to responsible travel and minimizes the environmental and carbon footprint of their offices and operations.
The Travel Corporation and its family of brands are eliminating all unnecessary single-use plastics from our operations and trips by 2022.
- Request your travel documents be sent to you electronically rather than printed and mailed. Not only will you save a tree, but through our E-Docs initiative, we will be planting a tree in your honor. Since 2017, we’ve restored more then 500 acres of forest through this program.
- Consider a destination in need of tourism.
- Travel to popular destinations in the off season.
- Be Prepared
- Pack a reusable water bottle or personal water filter.
- Pack a reusable bag for shopping.
- Bring your own toiletries in reusable bottles.
- Consider offsetting your flight.
- Research and learn local customs and traditions.
- Tread Right While Traveling
- Refuse single-use plastic and recycle when this cannot be avoided
- Shop and eat locally to support the community.
- Purchase locally made souvenirs (preferably handmade) and pay a fair price.
- Avoid any purchase of wildlife products such as ivory.
- Do not ride animals that ought not be ridden.
- If given the option, change sheets/towels every other day and for short stays, keep the entire duration.
- Walk, bike, or use public transportation when possible.
- Take shorter showers (avoid baths).
- Turn off al lights, heat/AC, and TV when you leave the room.
- When in use, keep AC at moderate temperature.
- Honor local customers and immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Upon Return
- Share your learnings with friends and family
- Take action and donate to organizations or make a plan to volunteer.