Travel by rail is definitely trending for 2020. One of our Virtuoso Travel Partners, Ker & Downey has named train travel in Europe as one of the top trends for 2019. According to the World Rail Market Study, conducted by Roland Berger and commissioned by UNIFE (organization that represents the European rail industry) the rail supply market has grown by 1.2% between the years of 2013-2017. The study also predicts a steady growth for rail products over the next six years.
There are many advantages to traveling by rail in Europe. Check out a few below:
- You are able to enjoy the flexibility of moving around the train, comfortable seating,
- You are able to explore multiple destinations on just about any budget,
- You are able to save time traveling, when you factor in the time you spend at the airport (checking-in, security, boarding).
- Train schedules tend to be more frequent, allowing more flexibility.
- Train stations are centrally located within cities, meaning only a quick taxi, Uber or walk to your hotel.
- Traveling by train can mean not needing a vehicle and the potential hassles of driving in a foreign location. No need for International Driver License.
- Traveling via train discourages over-packing.
- The scenery is sometimes breathtaking. You are able to see parts of the country that you would have not seen had you flown.
- Your travel advisor has access to the experts to plan your itinerary.
Belmond are connoisseurs in the art of luxury travel, curating an iconic global portfolio of trains, rivers cruises, hotels, and safaris. They blend enchanting destinations with vintage carriages, immersive excursions with delectable cuisine, and ultimate comfort with genuine service – you’ll never have a greater escape. Their collection includes the first luxury sleeper train in Ireland, Belmond Grand Hibernian, as well as Belmond Royal Scotsman in Scotland; their luxury day train in the U.K., Belmond British Pullman; the Eastern & Oriental Express in Southeast Asia, and, of course, the world-famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
Discover the unique experience of traveling by train in Europe with breathtaking views and unparalleled comfort. Leave behind the hassles of airports and roadmaps and enjoy the comfort of high-speed rail travel, which offers convenience, reliability and peace of mind. Train travel is more than getting from one place to another – it’s a destination unto itself.ain in the U.K., Belmond British Pullman; the Eastern & Oriental Express in Southeast Asia, and, of course, the world-famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
Let’s get your adventure by train itinerary started today.